Lead Propulsion Technician at Relativity Space
At Relativity, we reimagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are redefining design, manufacturing, and operational processes to create the first 21st-century aerospace company. The Relativity Propulsion Team is responsible for developing and producing our Aeon series of engines used to power the Terran 1 launch vehicle. We are seeking a highly talented Lead Propulsion Technician who will be responsible for executing and improving manufacturing operations to produce high quality propulsion devices of the future.
- Execute daily operations to produce development, qualification, and flight hardware facilitating propulsion and company goals.
- Work closely with manufacturing and design engineering to improve processes and product designs.
- Manage team of technicians ensuring daily tasks are clearly defined and executed to meet production schedule.
- Establish and enforce preventative maintenance requirements for company assets.
- Dictate safety protocol for manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Lead 5S activities to eliminate waste and streamline production processes.
- Establish min/max reorder systems for consumables and PPE.
- Provide input and direction to operations team for high volume production scaling, including but not limited to equipment, facility, and personnel needs.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter and a natural leader, with 5+ years of experience in an aerospace production environment. Demonstrated pride in workmanship and safety is required, and experience with propulsion test and assembly equipment is a major plus. Ability to swiftly manage time and prioritize tasks with a team goal in mind is essential.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace production environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated high quality workmanship on complex components or systems
- Proficient with email communication and experience interfacing with business software (ERP)
- Experience running and/or working around high-pressure systems
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills, experience training others on manufacturing processes
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years working on propulsion components or systems
- Experience with component and system proof and leak test operations
- Experience running DMLS machines or post-processing printed components
- Experience commissioning high-volume production equipment
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) experience or certification
- Trained to operate fork-lift and crane equipment
- GTAW weld experience or certification
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.