Lead Propulsion Design Engineer
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented Propulsion Design Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical contribution in the development of the Aeon-1 propulsion system through design and manufacturing ownership of the engine assembly and integrating components. This role will report directly to the Director of Propulsion.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As a Propulsion Design Engineer, you will have a heavy hand in developing the design and assembly of the Aeon-1 engine. You will be directly contributing to the design, fabrication, and integration of the Aeon-1 propulsion system. You will also provide testing support to the propulsion team as we undergo extensive hotfire testing campaigns.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to drive their own projects to completion. You must have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to liquid rocket propulsion systems. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with CREO or comparable CAD software
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management software (e.g. Windchill)
- Strong structural intuition with managing loads and interfaces
- Experience in owning and managing a complex component or subsystem assembly
- Ability to perform tolerance stackups for complex assemblies
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- An advanced degree in engineering or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous ownership of pump fed propulsion system assembly during development
- Ability to perform static and dynamic structural analyses
- Hands-on experience manufacturing and assembling propulsion systems
- Experience with additive manufacturing
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.