The 21st century challenges are here, and we need 21st century solutions. As we continue to progress hyperloop from home, we are actively hiring for open roles. The interview process will continue online to ensure safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay safe and be well,
The Virgin Hyperloop One team
The Electromagnetic Systems division is responsible for the design and development of the Hyperloop Propulsion Motor, Levitation and Guidance Systems. These systems are electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Controls, Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work on one of the most challenging transportation applications on Earth, from right here at our Los Angeles facility.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design, implementation, experimentation, and optimization of motor commutation and control algorithms for linear motors on SIL, PIL, HIL, hardware prototypes and final production system
- Modeling of high-power converters, electromagnetic actuators (linear motors, levitation/guidance actuators) in Simulink/Simscape
- Safety and reliability analysis of motor control algorithms
- Design of fault detection, isolation and reconfiguration algorithms for safety critical systems
- Interface with Vehicle Control, Embedded Systems, Electromagnetic Design and Power Electronics teams.
- Produce and/or review technical documents, test procedures, specifications and standards
- Define requirements for motor control firmware
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or related field with a focus on Control Systems or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of AC machine working principles
- Deep understanding of modulation techniques (e.g SVM, …)
- Experience with motor modeling and control of motors and power electronics with emphasis on Vector Control techniques
- Expert in Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow
- Experience with configuration management tools (GIT or similar)
- Validating computational models through experimental data analysis and system identification
- Low level implementation of digital controllers
- Familiar with different type of encoders, resolvers
Additional background in the following would be helpful:
- Experience with systems and controls documentation (logical flow charts, sequence diagrams, etc.)
- EMI mitigation strategies (shielding, filters, drive cycle shaping)
- Sensorless control techniques
NICE TO HAVE:
- Completion of at least two commercial vehicle programs (EV or hybrid) or motion control products (in robotics, automation/fabrication, machine tools)
- PhD degree with focus on AC motor control
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP:
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
Virgin Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.