The Systems Engineering team of Virgin Hyperloop One is seeking a talented Lead Mechanical Design Engineer that will manage the day to day aspects of the design of systems which cross-connect primary vehicle domains (electrical harnessing, thermal plumbing, bracketry etc.). You will be responsible for delivering harnessing, bracketry, and plumbing for all vehicle general assembly.
As the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will define and control the interfaces that exist on complex physical assemblies which includes documenting bolt patterns, signing off GD&T, creating keep-out zones, creating designs from scratch, and understanding structural design load paths.
- Own and maintain harnessing, bracketry, plumbing, and guiding engineers on late-breaking/fire-fighting systems that need support unexpectedly.
- Maintain the physical 3D CAD space integration activities with the full vehicle
- Create, review, and chase 2D print formal releases of their designs for both in and out-side of the house manufacturing/procurement.
- Other projects as assigned
- Strong communicator and collaborator both written and verbal
- Skilled technical leaders who can manage large amounts of information/data effectively and execute them into designs
- This individual ideally will have experience in similar startup EV or startup spaceflight backgrounds. That environment and this role go hand in hand.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Multiple years of experience in an automotive, aerospace, startup, or industrial environment
- Demonstrated experience managing complex physical assemblies in 3D CAD environment, including 3D routing
- Experience creating and managing an ask list across a complex system with multiple people committing to deadlines.
- Experience with one or multiple CAD platforms (Catia, NX, Solidworks, Creo, etc.)
- Experience explicitly managing a complex physical assembly in 3D and 2D print generation with GD&T
- Experience with hand-calcs and CAE (Ansys) structural engineering tools a bonus
- Project Management skills
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description