Lead Manufacturing Engineer (Process Development) - Tube Structure & Vehicle Track
Lead a team of process development engineers to develop and implement robust manufacturing processes for all aspects of Hyperloop linear infrastructure including the vacuum structure, vacuum mechanisms, portal systems & linear track.
- Delegate work load appropriately to maintain team balance & efficiency.
- Identify individual direct report strengths & weaknesses and structure their responsibilities to develop both.
- Provide technical & non-technical guidance to team members to foster career & personal development.
- Lead the research, design, prototype and development of manufacturing processes ranging the entire Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) spectrum from preliminary “laboratory” testing to full scale mass production.
- Function as a key go-to subject matter expert on the fabrication and assembly of linear infrastructure components/systems including vacuum structure, vacuum mechanisms, portal systems & linear mag-lev track.
- Work with a Project Manager to ensure the team meets critical project schedule deadlines.
- Work daily with lead hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design.
- Lead the research & reporting of total process costs for various design trades including raw materials, cycle time, outside vendors, capital & tooling investments, facility requirements, direct & indirect labor and logistics costs, etc.
- Lead the research & publishing of manufacturing technical memos for manufacturing recommendations, feasibility studies, cost savings initiatives, NPI, make vs. buy studies, etc.
- Identify strategic opportunities for manufacturing IP generation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An experienced engineering leader who has built large assemblies and/or infrastructure. Someone who has successfully lead a team of engineers to develop new complex hardware systems within aggressive timelines.
Someone able to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in complex engineering systems. An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent skills in the following: Communication, personnel management, organization, spatial imagination, mechanical assembly and judgment. A self-directed individual who is a true team player.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers to success
- Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD and ability to interpret & create complex part and assembly drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over multi-month time spans
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions and presentations on complex manufacturing topics to technicians, engineers, managers and executives
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience leading an engineering team
- 6+ years of professional experience in a combination of one or more of the following:
- Large scale, high volume steel plate & sheet metal fabrication
- Manufacturing of complex welded structures
- Manufacturing of actuated mechanisms
- Manufacturing of machinery
- Manufacturing of vehicle structures
- Manufacturing of large complex assemblies
- Manufacturing of large scale civil infrastructure
- Manufacturing of large concrete structures
- Manufacturing of steel rail
- Manufacturing of laminated motor cores or stamping operations
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.