LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Lead iOS Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Mobile Development
TigerConnect is seeking a talented Lead iOS Engineer to drive the development of the next generation of secure messaging and workflow optimization tools using the latest iOS technologies. This is an exciting opportunity for developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company’s bottom line, and the healthcare industry.
You’ll be working with world-class engineers to design & develop complex features for our sophisticated HIPAA compliant platform that makes physicians and nurses more efficient, and ultimately saves more lives. Join us in our shared mission to transform the healthcare industry by improving patient outcomes, emergency room wait times, and physician burnout rates in hospitals!
What You'll Own:
- Lead iOS architecture & feature development that leverage the latest technologies, such as extensions, inter-app communication and more
- Work with Core Data in a multithreaded environment
- Work closely with product managers and UX team to define product scope and design
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior iOS team members
- Help your team to improve the technical quality of their work through regular technical design and code reviews
- Partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build & test pipeline and fix hard-to-reproduce bugs
- Collaborate with backend teams on API development in conjunction with iOS development
- Work with the Manager, Mobile Development to define team KPI’s & weekly capacity planning
What You Bring to the Table:
- The ability to embrace and implement new technologies by keeping up-to-date w/ (beta iOS releases, new frameworks)
- Ability to be proactive in taking on new challenges to further your development skills
- A hunger for optimization and love for simplicity/elegance, over complexity and hacks
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Exposure to and/or experience with Android development (is a plus)
- Experience developing for products with messaging capabilities and/or HIPAA compliant products (is a plus)
What You’ve Accomplished:
- 6+ years of professional native iOS development experience using Objective-C and/or Swift
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming in a constrained mobile environment
- Experience with implementing and executing CI/CD, TDD, & BDD development processes
- Prior experience with MVVM pattern and reactive frameworks (is a plus)
- Well versed on relational databases (CoreData is a plus)
Who We Are:
TigerConnect is healthcare’s most widely adopted communication platform – uniquely modernizing care collaboration among doctors, nurses, care teams, and patients. TigerConnect is the only solution that combines a consumer-like user experience for both clinical and patient communication with serious security, privacy, and clinical workflow requirements that today’s healthcare organizations demand. TigerConnect accelerates productivity, reduces costs, and improves patient outcomes. Trusted by more than 7,000 healthcare organizations, TigerConnect maintains 99.99% verifiable uptime and processes more than 10 million messages each day. We are recognized as a top Cyber Security Company to Know, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, Best Places to Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019) and Built In LA’s 2021 Best Places to Work, Best Midsize Companies to Work, Best Paying Companies and Best Perks & Benefits.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.