Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. We are looking for a Lead Fluid Systems Engineer to lead the development of fluid systems of our launch vehicle, Terran 1, helping us meet our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. You will report directly to the Director of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Lead Fluid Systems Engineer, you will have a heavy hand in the development of Terran 1 fluid systems such as pressurization, reaction control, pneumatics, and propellant tanks. On a day to day, you will be working across teams to define requirements, refine schematics, design and source components, test fluid systems, and integrate them into Terran 1.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Full lifecycle experience with cryogenic propulsion or fluid system hardware
- Work with interdisciplinary teams in a leadership capacity
- Hands on experience working in propulsion or fluid systems for space applications
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience leading a flight development program
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.