Lead Fluid Systems Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is building humanity’s multiplanetary future. We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket. We are looking for a Lead Fluid Systems Engineer to lead the development of the stage fluid systems of our launch vehicle, Terran 1, helping us meet our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. You will manage a team and report to the Director of Vehicle Engineering.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Lead Fluid Systems Engineer, you will oversee the full lifecycle of the Terran 1 fluid systems comprised of stage pressurization, reaction control, pneumatics, and propellant supply to the engines. Team responsibilities cover everything from analysis and design, CAD, sub-system testing, vehicle integration, and a heavy participation in vehicle hot fire testing. This is a highly collaborative role putting you and the team at the leading edge of Terran 1 development and operations.
In order to be successful in this role, you are someone who has come from a fast-paced aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively within your team and other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 4+ years relevant experience.
- Full lifecycle experience with cryogenic propulsion or fluid system hardware: design all the way to flight.
- Detailed knowledge of fluid components and hardware.
- Experience with system qualification, engine test, stage test, or launch operations.
- Demonstrated track record of technical leadership over complex projects.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of team management
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience leading a flight development or operations program
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.