Lead EMC Simulation Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
As the Lead Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Simulation Engineer on the CORE Engineering team at Virgin Hyperloop, you will support 3D modeling efforts, transfer function development to predict emissions, test plan development, EMC design reviews, and applying novel experimental methods to facilitate application specific requirements as they pertain to the hyperloop system. You will also partner with the Manager - EMC to set EMC standards, requirements, strategies & approaches, system level design, and prototyping.
- The EMC simulation engineer will partner with EMC team, power electronics teams and mechanical teams to obtain CAD geometry to build models in CST.
- The team is responsible for delivering solutions to EMC problems based on modeling results from both an analytical and 3D EM field environment.
- Support and advance CAE techniques in EMC to model Hyperloop components and systems using CST and ANSYS HFSS.
- Build accurate emissions and susceptibility simulation models of components and perform measurement validation of models
- Drive design reviews with modeling phenomenon demonstrating best paths to take with EMC modeling
- Develop methods from simulation models to predict radiated emissions field strengths
- Study the effects of stray currents inside tube and model this phenomenon
- Model cables, shields and connectors along with enclosures as part of a bigger system.
- Use modeling techniques to model the EMI filters including correct understanding of the nonlinear behavior of ferrites and parasitic effects of components
- Validate simulations with test data
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Moderate industry or academic experience in EMC/Computational Electromagnetics with significant EMC modeling research experience
- EMC testing and analyses
- EMI filter development
- Experience in EMC cosimulations with multiple PCB boards and schematics
NICE TO HAVE
- Master's degree or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with moderate EMC experience
- Demonstrated experience in electromagnetic solver tools such as CST, ANSYS and/or EMCoS.
- Experience with EMC software such as TILE is a plus
- Well published in EMC demonstrating application of novel problem solving techniques is desired.
- Understanding of high voltage architectures
- Understanding of all core areas of EMC: radiated and conducted emissions, BCI, electrostatic discharge, lightning, transients
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave