Lead Embedded Network Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
The Engineers of the Embedded team will be within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units for the control systems of Hyperloop - for safety-critical, real-time and other uses. Senior Embedded Engineers will contribute to the overall embedded control solution by developing firmware and software for the hardware electronic control units and other embedded platforms.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real-time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Serve as an individual contributor to the embedded software team and cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Design and development in C/C++ for hard real-time embedded software solutions for our safety-critical system.
- Work closely with Architecture, Software and Hardware teams to ensure compatibility, certification standards, and safety standards are observed.
- Work closely with the hardware teams to understand control models to implement on network hardware
- Work closely with DevOps organization for the design, delivery and maintenance of continuous integration and testing solution for embedded products.
- Follow safety-critical software design and development methodologies, with traceability back to top-level system requirements.
- Work with third-party vendors to integrate their software and hardware components, where applicable.
- Keep a customer-focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning development decisions in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with embedded radio frequency network systems
- Experience with real-time operating systems, preferably with a track record of certification
- Experience with software and hardware debugging tools (trace debugging, scopes, logic analyzers)
- Track record of success at embedded software development.
- Varied experience of embedded development platforms.
- Experience delivering an embedded product or system in coordination with hardware/software teams.
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
- Strong background in an agile software development environment.
- Strong, demonstrable ability for automating tasks using popular scripting languages.
- Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services.
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures.
- Working proficiency and excellent communications skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience with reliable networking systems for mass-transit
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent field.
- Experience in taking products to certification in any of the following industries: rail, automotive, aerospace
- Experience developing on a broad range of architectures (ARM, x86, etc.)
- Experience implementing continuous testing and integration automation frameworks for ease of development and triage.
- Knowledge of IEC 61508 & EN5129
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.