JVM Software Engineer
JVM Software Engineer (R&D Team)
Our recently created R&D team explores, prototypes and develops next-generation products, analytics and technologies. We are looking for select engineers to be a part of this team at our headquarters in Santa Monica.
We offer the opportunity to work with highly experienced engineers and domain experts in a synergistic environment. You will work with emerging technologies and help create the future. The software you build will be used globally.
Increase the value provided to our clients, by the following activities:
- Design, prototype and develop applications and services.
- Develop dashboards and other analytic visualizations.
- Provide technical support for data mining and machine learning.
- Interact with and support other teams in the company.
- Maintain and enhance existing codebases.
- Deploy applications into production.
- Monitor and fix issues in the production environment.
- Attitude and mindset more important than skills and experience.
- Problem-defining and problem-solving abilities.
- Scientific, functional and analytical thinking. Machine learning a plus.
- Ability to drive projects to completion — and on time.
- Empathy for the users of your software.
- Obsession for elegant, correct, reliable, high-performance software.
- Proficiency in more than one programming language in a Unix environment. Functional languages a plus. Experience in several of the following preferred: Clojure, Java, Reagent/React, AWS, Redshift, Postgres, Git, Emacs. A reformed Java programmer with Clojure/script experience would be ideal.
- BS degree in computer science or a related discipline. MS strongly preferred.
- Industry experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems. Streaming data storage and analytics a plus.
- An inter-disciplinary background helpful.
MatchCraft is a fast-growing global marketing technology company. We help businesses succeed by providing scalable marketing technologies and services. We currently operate in 26 countries and support 16 languages/dialects.