Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in digital media and entertainment services across film, video and online content from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post production, distribution, asset and workflow management and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs nearly 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. For more information visit www.bydeluxe.com.
We currently have a need for a Java Developer. This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to ‘make things’. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
An engineer in this position will design, develop, and architect services for the Deluxe One platform, in addition to:
- Contributing to cutting-edge R&D initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms.
- Assisting with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it).
- Thinking out of the box to come up with solutions that scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant.
- BS degree in Computer Science field or equivalent hands-on experience
- Expertise with a majority of the following frameworks: JJSF, JavaFX, AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML5, Grunt, Bower, AV API
- Experience with containerized microservices and serverless architectures.
- Experience with distributed systems and related concepts
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL datastores including but not limited to Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, and MongoDB
- Ability to effectively work in a development environment utilizing Gradle, Github, Jira, Jenkins, Eclipse, JBoss, Wowza, Ant within heterogeneous infrastructure. (Windows, Linux, MAC, iOS, Android)
- Hand-on experience with cloud providers such as AWS and GCE
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
- Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.