Integration Engineer (Mechanical Focus) at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Integration Mechanical Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the design, integration, and testing of the electrical harnessing and mounting fixtures of the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
As a Avionics Integration Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing electrical harnessing and routing these harnesses in CAD on the vehicle. You will own and oversee the design, analysis, and manufacturing of bracketry and trays for avionics components, ensuring that components meet design criteria and are delivered on-time. You should be able to adapt your design methods to 3D printing techniques in order to minimize the amount of variability in design from mission to mission.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to work on electrical harnessing and mechanical components, but is also constantly looking to acquire more skills to enhance their abilities to perform these and related functions. They should be able to use CAD skills to design and route electrical harnesses and create mounting fixtures. They should have experience integrating and designing components for large, complex electrical systems. They are focused on practicality, delivering their products promptly and on time, and taking full ownership of whatever falls in their jurisdiction. The candidate should be proactive and inquisitive to make the best judgements possible in any given situation. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve production capabilities. A successful candidate should be an effective communicator, be respectful, strive to achieve compromise, and be flexible with their schedule.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Electrical harness design and routing and mechanical design experience with CAD modeling software
- Structural and thermal analysis abilities (from hand calculations to advanced analysis)
- Experience developing electrical and mechanical test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
- Willingness to travel to our test facilities at the Stennis Space Center and launch sites at Vandenberg and Cape Canaveral
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Teamcenter & NX experience
- Experience using Nastran and/or ANSYS
- Experience designing for launch vehicle or for ruggedized environments
- Zuken E3 experience
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working with a hardware-in-the-loop system
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.