We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll get to offer insights on the best services, tools and features to keep us moving forward and take our technical foundation to another level.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who will offer insights on the best services, tools and features to keep us moving forward and take our technical foundation to another level, whether it comes to our production infrastructure, continuous delivery pipelines, streaming platform, databases, security, and more.
What you'll get to do
- Level up our infrastructure by maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
- Instrument, optimize, and ensure the high-availability of our multiple cloud platforms
- Design, automate, and tune platform network topologies to maximize performance and flexibility in rapidly changing environments
- Integrate and develop Open Source and Cloud Native tools to serve critical functions of our platform services
- Maintain best practices and optimized performance for our database configuration and models
- Apply best practices towards security across our applications, APIs and databases
- Apply your expertise as an Infrastructure Engineer to help ensure that our systems are robust, scalable and secure as we look to expand exponentially to more customers, drivers and cities on our platform
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience as an Infrastructure Engineer at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Expert in one of the following PaaS/Cloud providers: AWS,GCP
- Expert in CI/CD pipeline and deployment tools, such as Travis, CircleCI and Jenkins
- Significant experience managing and deploying containers (Docker) to production environments
- Experience operating containerized workloads in Kubernetes in production environments
- Experience with CloudFront, Cloudflare, Fastly and other CDN services
- Strong knowledge regarding authentication and security best practices
- Experience provisioning AWS accounts and services using Infrastructure as Code automation and tools, like Terraform and Ansible
- Excellent communication and people skills
Technologies we're working with
- Many Cloud Native tools, like Harbor, Drone CI, Spinnaker
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description