Gaido Health is a young medical device company which has been incubated and funded by BCG Digital Ventures and a leading global pharmaceutical company. The vision of Gaido Health is to transform patient care through convenience, improve patient outcomes and reduce costs to the overall healthcare system. We are preparing to commercialize our first solution which is a new medical remote monitoring solution using an AI-powered device agnostic platform, supported by a robust protocol and algorithm and are building a team of world class, skilled, and passionate people to pursue our vision.
Gaido Health is well positioned to disrupt the multi-billion dollar home monitoring industry and are looking for the very best talent to achieve this goal.
If you are a top performer and eager to join an exciting company with a strong passion for changing healthcare then please get in touch.
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product experts and investors. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for the most important global companies enabling them to own the next horizon of innovation.
We are getting ready to launch and scale a stealth startup, ready to transform the medical remote monitoring space. We are building an AI-powered device-agnostic platform, supported by a robust protocol and algorithm. With funding already in place, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the multi-billion dollar US home monitoring industry, with a readiness to transform patient care through convenience, better patient outcomes and reduced costs to the overall HC system.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who will own the engineering effort of this disruptive startup.
As the Head of Engineering, you will:
· Be part of the company’s executive team and help shape its strategy
· Build a product that includes AI, IoT, Mobile, Web and Machine Learnings
· Define, articulate, and execute engineering strategy from launch to scale
· Lead a team of data scientists, engineers and product managers
· Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
· Build the systems required to for testing, trials, commercial launch, and beyond
· Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement
· Implement best practice coding methodologies and tools
· Ensure the successful completion of the product’s clinical trials
· Design and implement testing frameworks
· Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business
- Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, and high quality / timely product releases
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations (FSA, HIPAA, GDPR) and other applicable laws.
- Continuously rebalance product / service features which maximize value and minimize effort to focus on the highest-returning initiatives
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
- Stay current with modern technologies and selectively choose technologies to ensure our competitive advantage
Drive Talent & Teams
- Hire and retain a multidisciplinary, world-class engineering team
- Cultivate a high-performing, engineering-empowered culture
- Evangelize technical vision and strategy both internally and externally
- Find the right balance between scaling the team and cost as well as between growing locally and remotely
Desired Expertise & Experience
- 10+ years architecting and building products from pre-launch through maturity
- Released (and maintained) at least 2 products to the market
- Experience designing and building AI products
- 7+ years building consumer-facing digital product experiences
- Startup experience in key engineering leadership positions at multiple high-growth technology companies
- Preference for a background in medical devices incorporating remote monitoring/diagnostics
- Experience in FDA Design Controls for a Class II systems
- Ability to stand up an organization and hire engineering talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Technology stack that includes: java, ios, android, python
- Continuous vital signs monitoring
- Cloud development and devops
- Bluetooth networking and device management
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.