What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Head of Engineering, Project Management & Preconstruction to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Procore is looking for a Head of Engineering, Project Management & Preconstruction to oversee our core revenue driver, Project Management, and drive our expansion to manage the entire build lifecycle through Preconstruction. You’ll lead teams to deliver a high-quality bid management and estimating solution while integrating with our existing Project Management product offering.
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities we all live in.
This position will report to the SVP of Engineering and has the opportunity to work remotely from any U.S. location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work in tandem with Product teams to review various levers that accelerate our product Strategy and deliver scalable, maintainable, and secure solutions to our customers
- Build bridges and partnerships with leaders around the globe to strengthen collaboration with Product, Design, Marketing, and Sales to meet shared objectives
- Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and leads to impactful improvements
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing, and retaining high performing talent who excel within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Inspire and motivate Engineers to do their best work by painting a compelling picture of our vision and strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology platform, customer base, construction industry, and the rich opportunities to capture and strengthen product offerings during the Preconstruction phase
- Take ownership of the elements required to deliver products, including Architectural vision, product roadmap, research, design and developer collaboration, release planning, and more
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 10 + years of experience leading Engineering organizations and has managed large scale systems
- Strong understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL, and relational database schema design; experience working in a service-oriented architecture, with monoliths, and ideally transitioning applications from the latter
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A strategic mindset - you drive vision and purpose, see ahead to future possibilities, and can translate them into breakthrough strategies
- Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability, and can hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Proven experience consistently driving and achieving results, even under challenging circumstances
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.