Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented electrical or computer engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical support in developing the flight safety system for our Terran 1 launch vehicle.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change people’s conception of how rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for the avionics development for the flight safety system on our launch vehicle. This will include the circuit design, development, and qualification of the flight safety system used on the launch vehicle.
The ideal candidate has knowledge in the development of a robust, safety-critical electrical systems. The candidate will provide technical expertise in the electrical design and circuit analysis of the flight safety system. They should have experience with potential failure modes of common circuits as well as insight into how to mitigate such risks. In addition to design experience, candidate should have gone through the qualification and production process for low volume manufacturing and should have experience working with suppliers and other external resources.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug.
- Knowledge of circuit development, PCB layout, performance modeling, end-to-end simulation, and implementation.
- Familiarity with analog/digital sensor interfacing circuitry.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Graduate degree in a related engineering field and 5+ years of experience in Avionics development
- Strong foundational knowledge in Avionics for space systems or launch vehicles.
- Designing digital communication interface circuitry using Ethernet, RS422, CANbus, etc.
- Experience developing and certifying safety-critical electronics hardware
- Familiarity with government specifications such as SMC-S-016, RCC319-19, AFSPCMAN91-710, etc.
- Design of high-speed processing and embedded circuits
- Functional acceptance and qualification test development experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.