Graphics Programmer at Zwift
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Graphics Programmer to join our growing Game Development team here at Zwift. We believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between programmers, designers and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay by working on our our core graphics engine across all platforms, including MacOS/PC/Android/iOS using GL and GLES3.
What you'll do:
- Design and program low level graphics engine systems
- Optimize rendering systems for performance or memory
- Special FX programming
- Maintain cross platform shader system
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Support technical excellence on multiple platforms
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience
- Exceptional 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing common graphics effects (DoF, CSM, Motion Blur, HDR, or others)
- Experience understanding, measuring, and optimizing graphics bottlenecks
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Experience using standard graphics APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, GCM, Vulcan)
- Proficiency with shaders
- Desire to understand hardware at a low level
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.