Full Stack Software Engineer
In case you've not heard of MeUndies before, let me give you some more info... we're a rapidly growing start-up based in Culver City that creates ridiculously (and I mean RIDICULOUSLY) comfortable and affordable undies for men and women in a variety of colors and prints. We are exclusively an e-commerce business at the moment (with our first retail location opening soon) offering our customers the option to purchase either one-off items or sign up for a monthly subscription.
The role itself is a mix of high level strategy/problem solving and super in the weeds coding. Of course this will definitely depend on who we hire and what their interests are though!
DAY TO DAY
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Architecting systems that flexes with new business requirements as the business grows and explores new territory with product assortment and inventory management
- Relentlessly squashing issues to help our CX and Fulfillment compadres focus on value-add activities and avoid lame tasks.
- Build responsive, mobile friendly and beautiful web applications.
- Intrigued? Good, because we're just getting started and could use good people that find these problem areas enticing!
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 7-10 years of software development experience with at least 3+ years programming in Ruby on Rails
- Advanced experience with relational database(PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience with Front-End technologies (HTML, CSS, ES6)
- Self-motivated, results driven engineer who is passionate about collaboration as well as working solo.
- You have production experience with a nice bit of our stack: Ruby, Rails, React, Redux, TypeScript, Jenkins, Git, AWS etc. and for the parts you don’t, you’re excited to learn.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously and believe a winning culture is an essential ingredient to building a great company.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?It's more than a job.We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.