At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is looking for experienced Front End Software Engineers. We are focused on mid-level and senior-level. Any Full Stack or SEO experience is a bonus.
About the Role:
As a GoodRx Software Engineer, you’ll collaborate with the product, design, data, and analytics teams to transform ideas into exceptional products that help people find affordable therapy solutions. You will join a world-class, yet humble engineering team that consistently turns out compelling features that truly benefit our users.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas from inception to final product in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
About the Squad:
It’s difficult for consumers to glean all the information they need to make well-considered decisions when it comes to healthcare for themselves and their families. You will be joining a squad focused on giving them the tools and the impetus to help manage their own health needs more effectively.
About the Tech:
There is also the opportunity (if your skills intersect, or you want them to) to work on our Python REST API, Fastly CDN VCL and cache strategy, and various SEO enhancements including performance optimization and SEO A/B testing.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers
- Write clean, fast, compatible, easy-to-use, and testable code
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions and evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Own, create or review technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Help create a culture of excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being part of an on-call rotation to support the health of our services
- Collaborate, learn, and grow
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of software development experience, delivering products at web scale
- Experience with React, TypeScript, React Context, NodeJS, ES6, consuming GraphQL
- Experience maintaining responsive isomorphic web applications.
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using css-in-js.
- Experience writing robust, maintainable unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals – you will work closely with other non-technical folks to get things done. Collaboration is key.
- Ability or desire to be a polyglot. Adapting to the tools and technologies appropriate for the job at hand.
- Ability to mentor and grow engineers and / or be mentored.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Content Management Systems like Contentful
- Building server side APIs using REST and GraphQL.
- Experience with SEO: page speed, Web Vitals, crawl knowledge
- Experience with AWS technologies including AppSync, Lambda, StepFunctions, EventBridge
- Experience with tools like Runscope, Sentry, and/or Datadog.
- WCAG 2.0+ AA and/or accessibility standards for web
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Network (CDNs)
- Knowledge with continuous integration, automated testing, and deployment tools like Travis, Circle, Drone, Heroku, AppEngine, or similar.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.