FPGA Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop One
This engineer on the Embedded team will be within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other teams to specify, develop and maintain the hardware electronic control units for the control systems of hyperloop - for safety-critical, real-time and other uses. Embedded FPGA Designers will contribute to the overall embedded control solution by developing firmware and software for the hardware electronic control units and other embedded platforms.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real-time) applications that make the hyperloop a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Experience writing firmware in VHDL
- developing firmware for Xilinx FPGA platforms using the Xilinx toolchain
- SoC board bring-up, development workflow and toolchain validation
- Experience with high speed serial links, including GbE, PCI-E or similar
- Follow safety-critical software design and development methodologies, with traceability back to top-level system requirements
- Work with third-party vendors to integrate their software and hardware components, where applicable
- Keep a customer-focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning development decisions in a productive and diplomatic fashion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Strong experience developing FPGA platforms
- Experience in SoC hardware bring-up, preferably on ARM-based systems
- Professional FPGA engineer experience
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in taking products to certification in any of the following industries: rail, automotive, aerospace
- Experience developing FPGA solutions in either Verilog or VHDL
- Experience with Xilinx family of ARM-based SoCs and their associated hardware and software development tool suite
- Experience developing on a broad range of architectures (ARM, x86, etc.)
- Experience implementing continuous testing and integration automation frameworks for ease of development and triage
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.