Federal Solutions Engineer, West at Verkada Inc (Remote)
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
Verkada is seeking a proven Federal Solution Engineer (remote) with expert experience in Cloud, Security, IoT, Networking, Hardware and software. This individual will work directly with Federal AE’s helping expand the Verkada footprint across the Federal Government. Responsibilities include directly interfacing with customers throughout the sales process, overcoming technical objections, assisting customers in designing deployments with Verkada Products and providing technical assistance to territory account reps. The ideal candidate will be a team player, self motivated, growth minded, quick learner, and someone who loves being a key contributor and member of a fast paced environment with a great culture. Clearance is not required.
- Be the subject matter authority on the full Verkada suite of products and offerings and articulate the value added benefits to customers throughout the sales process.
- Act as a trusted advisor for Verkada Customers and overcome objections while securing the technical win for Verkada.
- Effectively present the Verkada solution to all levels of customer, from C-level executives to loss prevention managers and directors of IT.
- Work directly with your Account Executives to develop territory strategy for Growth.
- Design Verkada solutions that range from: Network Security recommendations/bandwidth requirements, choosing proper Verkada products for Physical Security and deployment. Cloud Security RFP's/Documents, LTE deployments.
- Stay up to date on the security and IoT industry by attending and presenting at strategic conferences and providing thought leadership within the market
- Be a Product Technical Evangelist in training/educating partners, customers, and internal employees on the latest Verkada product offerings.
- Write White Papers and Knowledge Base articles about Verkada Products, features, and integrations.
- Travel will be required based on pre-established meetings
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, with a proven track record of working with Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience serving customers and delivering solutions across Federal agencies
- Active Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Able to work and adapt to an ever evolving workplace and company.
- Genuine excitement for software/hardware products, Cloud Security and IoT devices and can speak to how they work.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+, Microsoft Azure, CISSP, CSP.
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux systems are a plus.
- Bonus points if you have previous startup experience.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.