Virgin Hyperloop One has a duty of care for employees, contractors and visitors. It is the responsibility of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team to participate in the different activities occurring globally throughout the organization, to develop the necessary programs and practices that maintain that duty of care on a firm, fair and consistent basis.
As the EHS Engineer you will ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all VHO staff, visitors and contractors.
- Drive corporate culture and implement continuous improvement processes
- Ensure site compliance to all applicable regulatory (1910 and 1926) and VHO standards including training, reporting, audits, and corrective actions
- Develop, implement and maintain site EHS programs and policies for construction, test, assembly and manufacturing projects
- Lead the site emergency response team and develop site level ERPs
- Lead the investigation for all site EHS incidents to include developing CAPA (corrective and preventative actions) reports.
- Perform oversight of subcontractors and collaborate/escalate as necessary.
- Perform daily safety briefs and ensure other relevant communications pertaining to EHS-related matters are delivered, tracked, and documented.
- Manage hazardous waste, NPDES, air quality and other environmental programs
- Control site chemical management program to include DOT, HazCom and storage requirements.
- You not only have a strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations but are able to apply those regulations toward VHOs operations.
- You have experience designing and implementing safety and environmental programs, conducting risk analysis and providing training.
- You have expertise in understanding metrics and using the information toward continuous improvement efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Safety Management or related field
- EHS experience in construction, mfg and research/design (R&D) environments
- Strong knowledge of 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, Nevada DEP and DOT
- Experience in performing audits, developing and applying corrective actions
- Ability to direct cross-functional work groups to achieve objectives, goals and timelines
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong communication, business, technical, analytical and planning skills
- Proficiency and MS Office Skills
- OSHA 30: Construction
- Li-ion battery experience
- Emergency responder training
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description