Engineering Manager at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is looking for an experienced software engineering manager for development of new, as well as enhancement of existing, backend services. Confident with high volume and high-performance Node.js servers. Some experience with Ad Tech is preferred.
● Build out and manage a great team of software engineers (mostly remote) on multiple scrum teams (9-12 team members)
● Keep your teams happy, motivated and successful
● Develop and implement innovative processes, strategies and best practices to maximize team morale and productivity
● Host weekly 1:1’s with team members for coaching and mentoring
● Conduct code reviews and ensure developers adhere to team’s best practices and processes
● Develop technical requirements for new projects or improve existing projects with teams
● Encourage teams to make technical decisions, and make final decisions when necessary
● Determine key engineering metrics
● Monitor and improve team engineering metrics
● Ensure priority tasks such as production issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
● Guide realistic (not optimistic) LOE discussions during Quarterly PI planning, accounting for likely set-backs and external constraints
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
● BS/MS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
● 10+ years of software engineering experience
● 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, performant and responsive web applications
● 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (on teams with 7 or more developers)
● Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
● 1+ years of Typescript experience (nice-to-have)
● 1+ years of Ad Tech experience (nice-to-have)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.