Engineering Manager at Lucky Day
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:15 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading and supervising our Lucky Dice team of engineers as they develop, test, and create solutions for the first version of the product and ongoing product development.
- Supervise and manage a team of software engineers responsible for product delivery.
- Work on technical requirements helping the product team and close all technology related gaps.
- Support technical decision-making by combining context from product and business needs, system architecture concerns, IT operations, and application security.
- Partner with our recruiting team to find and hire incredible engineers.
- Develop software engineering professionals - direct management and coaching of software engineers.
- Continuous delivery of value - support and improve upon existing processes and practices of the engineers and teams.
- And other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of back-end Java development experience.
- Experienced with Spring boot framework.
- Experienced with AWS, Kubernetes, & Microservices architecture.
- Java engineer with experience working on high volume distributed systems.
- Track record of delivering successful products as a team lead or engineering manager.
- You are great at understanding priorities and what adds business value.
- You have sense of urgency in delivering releases and manage high severity issues by yourself or delegating work to your team.
- You don’t mind working with an offshore team.
- You are passionate to scale products into millions of users.
- You have mastery of software development principles including SOLID, software design patterns and architectural design patterns.
- You have strong knowledge of architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- You have a deep passion for best practices including CI/CD, TDD, clean code, etc.
- You have strong understanding of Unity game engine.
- You have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- BS / Master’s in engineering, computer science or other related technical field.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced managing a team of software engineers.
- Familiarity managing and developing highly-available and distributed software.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Performance bonuses
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work one-on-one with your coach/mentor to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.
Read Full Job Description