Manager of Engineering, Frontend
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment.
How you will contribute:
- Build beautiful frontend experiences using progressive technologies and patterns
- Unify code and front-end architecture for PatientPop’s portal platform that serves medical practices and providers
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
- Inspire, champion and coach as the need arises
Our tech stack:
- Framework: Vue.js
Skills you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- Technical roadmap evangelization and management
- Mentorship to junior engineers, and strategic guidance and empowerment to senior engineers.
- Architecture visionary and best practice steward. Lead by example building proof of concepts
- Experience with a shared component design using controller-based patterns and asynchronous implementation
- Experience implementing applications using style guides and wireframes
- Understanding of backend architecture principles and RESTful design
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile environments
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor junior team members
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
- You are able to hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- You are able to quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- You can command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You are adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
- You love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- You are able to work well with other leaders
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Flexible schedule
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.