Engineering Manager – Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corp. is seeking an engineering manager to provide direction and coordination for activities of subordinate staff for the Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence section of the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Department. Coordinates organization activities and operations with supervisor and counterpart organizations and participates in day-to-day accomplishment of organization’s tasks.
- Provides task planning, schedule, and labor estimates for proposed technical work assignments. Advises supervision of resources needs and capabilities. Provides inputs for budgetary planning.
- Participates in day-to-day technical activities and task accomplishments. Monitors and evaluates processes, techniques, and performance. Reviews documentation and delivery of services.
- Works closely with customers to coordinate tasking, report progress, resolve technical issues, and assure project success. Initiates and coordinates exchanges of technical information with other work groups and organizations. Prepares written and oral reports of organization’s activities, issues, and accomplishments to higher management, subordinates, and teaming organizations.
- Recommends staffing needs, reassignments, transfers, and terminations. Recommends and assists evaluation of potential staff additions. Conducts performance reviews, recommends performance improvements, career development, and promotional actions.
- Implements policies, practices, and operating processes and recommends changes and improvements to supervision. Responsible for compliance with security monitoring, processes, and recommendations.
- Participates in inter-organizational team assignments and educational activities.
- Identifies opportunities for additional, expanded, and new business. Aids in the evaluation and pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to engineering and engineering support staff involved in design and development efforts on shorter-range or discrete product outputs. Assigns specific task responsibilities to engineering and support personnel to achieve work schedule requirements. Specifies, monitors, and evaluates techniques and operating procedures. Reviews design and documentation requirements to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards. Administers operational activities for assigned group. Plans and equalizes workloads and tasks to maximize productivity and cost efficiency.
This manager can sit in El Segundo, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, or Chantilly, VA.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Astronautical Engineering or related program from a recognized institution.
- Typically, eight or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and corporate staff.
- Proven ability to organize and lead technical tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong leadership skills, with proven ability to build and manage effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Some travel may be required.
- An advanced degree, from a recognized institution, in an appropriate technical discipline.
- Current/Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Strong background in software development, algorithms, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Computer Vision.
- Broad exposure to the Machine Learning needs of Aerospace program offices and commercial customer base.
- Strong background with tools and techniques for ingesting, distilling, organizing, extracting and interpreting meaning from large and complex data sets.
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$98,294 - $159,916 - $221,537
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.