ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
This role will be responsible for establishing and growing WELL Health’s software engineering capacity in Hungary. You will guide multiple Scrum teams to successfully build and scale product features serving large health organizations and their patients, working with and contributing to the stack and standards used globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical part in expanding WELL Health Engineering into a globally distributed organization. As the senior technical leader in Hungary, you will represent WELL Health Engineering on a day to day basis, and your teams will reflect your skill in recruitment, training and retention. You will play a key role in assessing technical risks, defining the required processes to build with quality, and improving engineering velocity for everything that your teams ship. You will work closely with local and global WELL Health product management and other departments, and with global engineering leadership.
- Represent WELL Health Engineering in Hungary
- Oversee both the day to operations and long run strategic planning of your engineering department
- Recruit and retain engineers and management to build multiple Scrum teams through hiring, mentoring, feedback, and career development
- Implement and iterate on the Agile processes that ensure your teams deliver high quality software with high velocity.
- Assess risk in engineering deliverables and define strategies and processes to mitigate.
- Facilitate collaboration across the global organization with other engineering teams, devops, product management, customer success, and analytics to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Support reuse of development work, platforming, and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
- Have a long track record of running multiple teams working on complex projects with both backend and user facing SPA components.
- Experience running teams that are elements of a globally distributed engineering department.
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about software development, always keeping up with current best practices.
- Good-to-great understanding of microservices, service-oriented architectures and scalable systems serving a large user base.
- Proficient in one of the core languages (java, typescript, python, golang, etc.), database design and SQL.
- Extensive experience working with Agile in a Scrum context.
- Track record of continuous improvement through innovation, delivery, process development, quality, etc.
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent. Strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles.
- Experience building enterprise SaaS products in highly regulated environments with low risk tolerance.
- Backend: AWS
- Front End
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.