Engine Responsible Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
The Engine RE’s mission is to integrate the propulsion components, develop and qualify the propulsion system designs, and deliver flight ready engines to the vehicle stage on a schedule and with the performance that supports the program’s goals. To achieve that, you will work with the Director of Propulsion to establish and maintain a schedule incorporating the component development and delivery plans. You will also establish engine development, qualification and acceptance test plans and work with the technical teams to be prepare for and execute those tests. You will carry overall responsibility for the engine development and qualification testing of the Aeon engine and will lead all engine anomaly investigations. The Engine RE needs to have good technical breadth since you will need to help identify any gaps in component designs and how subsystems interact. Your experience and judgment will be important to help the team avoid dead ends and keep moving as fast as possible. As a technical leader, you will also help build the engineering teams by hiring exceptional candidates.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Direct experience developing and fielding a complicated subsystem that involved mechanical hardware, fluid systems, and extreme thermal/structural environments
- Experience in liquid propulsion system testing, including facility requirements, data analysis, and product validation
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams in a technical leadership capacity
- Project management experience on a multidisciplinary project with many diverse stakeholders
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated success in developing a liquid pump fed rocket engine from conceptual design through qualification and production unit acceptance testing
- Management experience including recruiting and hiring and performance management
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.