Email Developer III at City National Bank
As a member of our Marketing, Product and Digital team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
- Manage email coding schedule and asset delivery timelines.
- Modify existing email template designs (built-in and html paste), populate content as necessary, handle send and list management, and report results.
- Drive code evaluations of triggered and transactional campaigns to enhance ongoing communications and identify other areas of opportunity through the email platform for process optimization.
- Complete quality assurance checks on every email campaign. Communicate with internal Email Marketing team and Database Marketing team members effectively to execute email campaigns.
- Develop HTML for emails upon receipt of creative assets from internal and external creative groups.
- Responsible for data management within the ESP as well as working with business partners to define and connect external data sources.
- Create HTML paste emails using HTML and inline CSS.
- Develop emails with responsive coding for mobile optimization.
- Develop for the template system provided by the ESP including content components.
- Perform testing of email communications and programs across multiple browsers or email clients.
- Be an active contributor to email development best practices.
- Collaborate with email marketing team on developing presentations and communicating email strategies and performance with other teams across the organization.
- Work with email team to develop more personalized communications by developing dynamic content areas that can be leveraged across campaigns and programs
- Setup email automation programs within ESP to allow marketing campaign team to kickoff user experiences.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues/clients to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels. Acts as business partner by managing expectations and providing guidance and advice throughout project duration.
- Comply fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Complete all required training.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years work experience in email development
- Minimum 1 year banking, insurance, or financial industry experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have excellent skills in HTML and CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, must be able to work as a team
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Deeper experience with ESP features (ex: ExactTarget, Journey Builder or other email automation or workflow based tools
- Strong data management experience
- Able to define and design data attributes and models
- Integration of ESP with other marketing technology/tools
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.