Electrical Test Engineer II
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Test Engineer to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations.
The Electrical Test Engineer will:
- Work with internal and external customers to develop electrical test plans & procedures to meet testing needs in a realistic and achievable manner.
- Collaborate with Design and Systems Engineering teams to define requirements and specification for testing, verification, and validation.
- Manage electrical testing programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting.
- Design experiments and perform testing of high power electrical components, including hands-on laboratory work
- Consult with technicians, other engineers, management and others as needed
- Perform data analysis and generate technical reports.
- Responsibilities may include project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and communicating project information
- Exhibits a high level of technical understanding of system-level electrical testing techniques
- Possesses strong interpersonal and technical communication skills
- Dynamic and creative: Thrives in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously
- Welcomes the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change
- Team oriented: Comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives.
- Passionate about delivering the Hyperloop to the world
- Keen attention to detail
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Solid system-level test industry experience with emphasis in electrical testing on complex electromechanical systems
- Experience designing electrical systems for test rigs, schematic development, and sensor/test instrumentation specification
- Capable of creating, managing, and executing effective test programs in a rapid development environment
- Experience in developing requirements-driven test plans and procedures
- Experience working in a highly-integrated software/hardware environment
- Experience in operating and calibrating test instrumentation
- Experience with sensors and actuators
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues
- Flexible to travel (~25%) to support testing at our Las Vegas facility as needed
- B.S., M.S. or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
- Test fixture design and setup experience
- Experience with NI, dSPACE, SpeedGoat
- Familiarity with high-power safety such as NFPA 70 E, arc flash analysis, and required electrical PPE
- Experience with electrical insulation tests such as megger tests, hiPot, partial discharge, insulation aging
- Demonstrated experience with performance characterization (efficiency, dynamic response, harmonics, EMI, cycle life, voltage/current/temperature operating range) of electric powertrain components such as batteries, capacitors, variable frequency drives, electric motors
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.