Electrical Engineer at Relativity Space
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
This position will be responsible owning key components of the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle. Therefore, they will own multiple components for the avionics system, from video encoders to flight computers. They will perform design finalization, bring-up and verification on these components and well as shepherd them through production, and support their integration on the launch vehicle.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will have experience with component selection, schematic capture and layout of printed circuit boards. The will have exposure to the full life-cycle of electronics from clean sheet to production. They will also have experience working in a fast paced environment, and be excited about owning key components on the launch vehicle.
What you need to know:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or comparable.
- Demonstrated ability with the development and verification of electrical circuits or components.
- Experience with both schematics and layout for electric circuits.
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems in school projects, in internships or personal projects.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in electrical engineering (or comparable) or 2+ years relevant experience.
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space systems.
- Knowledge of Altium for schematic capture and layout.
- Experience developing for safety or high criticality applications.
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support testing with associated troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.