Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Electrical Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in finalizing the design, test and verification and production of key parts of our power system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as test and launch facilities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
This position will be responsible owning key components of the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle. Therefore, they will own multiple components for the avionics system, from video encoders to flight computers. They will perform design finalization, bring-up and verification on these components and well as shepherd them through production, and support their integration on the launch vehicle.
The successful candidate will have experience with component selection, schematic capture and layout of printed circuit boards. The will have exposure to the full life-cycle of electronics from clean sheet to production. They will also have experience working in a fast paced environment, and be excited about owning key components on the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or comparable.
- Demonstrated ability with the development and verification of electrical circuits or components.
- Experience with both schematics and layout for electric circuits.
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging problems in school projects, in internships or personal projects.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in electrical engineering (or comparable) or 2+ years relevant experience.
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space systems.
- Knowledge of Altium for schematic capture and layout.
- Experience developing for safety or high criticality applications.
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support testing with associated troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.