Electrical Design Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for electrical design of test rigs needed to support Hyperloop product development, qualification, and certification.
The Electrical Engineer will:
- Design electrical systems to support testing activities; includes specifying components, creating a BOM, and creating wiring schematics and layouts
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, software packages and civil engineering systems
- Support test planning, execution, and reporting activities
- Exhibits a solid technical understanding of Electrical Engineering principles
- Possesses strong interpersonal and technical verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic and creative: Thrives in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously
- Welcomes the challenge of generating ideas and performing analysis based on inputs and requirements that are subject to change
- Team oriented: Comfortable and energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback and different perspectives
- Passionate about delivering the Hyperloop to the world
- Possesses keen attention to detail
- Strong hands-on experience with design, development, and testing of Electrical Systems
- Solid knowledge of Electrical Engineering principals
- Solid experience of Electrical CAD (AutoCAD Electrical or similar)
- Knowledgeable about sensor selection for data and feedback control system use for high voltage power systems, electrical machines, motor controllers, and mechanism/machines
- Experience with data acquisition systems and test instrumentation
- Analog and digital circuit design and simulation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Programming experience, especially in LabVIEW.
- Familiarity with high power safety such as NFPA 70 E, arc flash analysis, and required electrical PPE
- Experience with electrical insulation tests such as megger tests, hiPot, partial discharge, insulation aging
- RF experience with demonstrated capabilities in troubleshooting and diagnostics of EMI noise sources, grounding issues, and has a strong understanding of various communication standards on an electrical level (e.g RS422/485, LVDS, LIN, CAN, etc)
- Experience with advanced signal analysis
- High Voltage safety training