To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
- The Modeling and Simulation Manager provides oversight and direction to the modeling and simulation team with the System Loads and Analysis team (SLAM). SLAM is responsible for analyzing the performance of the coupled Hyperloop system.
- The Modeling and Simulation team develops and maintains a suite of multidomain simulation tools with a focus on dynamics, controls, and loads, to provide feedback to design teams.
- We are looking for an experienced manager to oversee the development, maintenance, and utilization of these tools to analyze the full Hyperloop system, but who’s still willing and excited to execute the technical development work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage and contribute to the development of software tools to analyze integrated system vehicle flight dynamics.
- Manage the model development and maintenance for all the following areas:
- Simulation environment and architecture.
- Nonlinear constrained multibody dynamics principles and analysis.
- Structural dynamics, vibration analysis, and generation of design loads.
- Controls modeling and design (continuous and discrete).
- State estimation and sensor modeling techniques.
- Electromagnetic Actuators
- Aerodynamics and thermal modeling
- Verification and validation
- Test design and model correlation
- Deliver analysis packages to subsystem designers for refinement of requirements
- Develop and monitor modeling standards and guidelines across the following domains:
- Model certification (e.g. EN50128)
- Configuration and source control
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Master’s degree and work experience in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or related discipline.
- Experience managing a team of engineers developing complex coupled system models.
- Experience with safety-critical certification of models.
- Experience managing multi-domain dynamic simulations in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Excellent knowledge of time domain and frequency domain analyses (i.e. harmonic, PSD, Laplace).
- Excellent understanding of engineering first principles in multiple domains (structural, electrical, aerodynamics, thermal, controls, etc.).
NICE TO HAVE
- PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or similar field.
- Experience with one or more of the following CAE suites: Simcenter NX Motion/Response. Dynamics, NX NASTRAN, FEMAP, ANSYS, Simulia Simpack, or similar.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave