At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Lead and develop the people and process within Aspiration’s newly created and highly visible Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving initiatives focused on continuous improvement forward (internally and cross-functionally) and externally (with key partners), writing operational procedures, testing controls as the first line of defense, coordinating audits and deliverables, resource planning/ workforce management, systems access/ provisioning, analytics/ reporting and other key functions within the organization.
- Develop, improve and train staff on the process, procedures, and controls related to effective program management, QA, and process reengineering.
- Execute strategies successfully, resolve issues, and provide support on all operational matters throughout Aspiration to drive operational efficiency, continuous improvement, and enhancing customer experience
- Ensure adherence to risk and compliance guidelines, including relevant regulations and test controls for compliance, institute new controls as needed and enforce it
- Work closely with cross-functional management teams on strategic projects, product rollouts, bringing timely and useful operational insight and analytical support
- Interpret and communicate data and information to support financial analysis and decision making, understand business trends, and quantify and manage risks/opportunities
- Participate and drive key business processes with a key eye towards finding gaps and tighten procedures and controls, as needed, as well as monitor and evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs) tied to QA reviews; coordinate with audit teams to make findings and recommendations to successful completion
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of fintech banking with sound knowledge of money movement, payments, and core banking functions i.e. checking, savings, cards, ACH, wires, check processing etc.
- Knowledge of the lending platforms is an added advantage
- Expert in operational performance and financial risk metrics, with the ability to quantify outcomes and improve them; familiarity with and demonstrated experience applying decision analytics in a similar role preferred
- Proficient in developing process flows, procedures and controls and creating an environment of oversight, training and performance metrics to ensure its complete adherence
- Working knowledge of banking compliance and risk management functions
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description