Director, IT DevOps Engineering at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Director, IT DevOps Engineering. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, challenging and dynamic work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting-edge technology.
This individual will operate as a Director, IT DevOps Engineering for our Deluxe Distribution groups.
The Director will oversee the systems and DevOps engineering group. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a background both working in and managing large web platform deployments and services running in the cloud. The position will also be working with Development teams and operations teams handling everything from deployments to engineering support to helping migrate platforms within Deluxe and to the cloud. The position requires a strong leader with a solid understanding and expertise in Cloud services offered by AWS and the tools available to properly deploy, monitor and leverage a cloud environment. The position will also be focused on automating system and service processes wherever and whenever possible by working with other teams at Deluxe and providing subject matter expertise to these other groups by reviewing existing environments and making recommendations on how to better automate or/and move to the cloud.
- Manage systems engineering/IT DevOps teams supporting Internet hosted websites and services at co-location facilities and in the cloud.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams on driving automation in setup, configuration & operations of environments across the stack from hardware, OS, virtualization, application servers, web servers, storage, database, load balancers, CDN etc.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure, Network and operations teams in migrating services to the cloud.
- Perform capacity planning and monitor both network and systems usage.
- Make sure teams are properly documenting procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution.
- Make sure handoff procedures to other teams such as NOC, Production Support, etc. are being completed.
- Direct teams providing support to developers and implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems.
- Be the escalation point for groups supporting 24/7 on-call schedules, respond to alerts in a timely fashion, escalate issues to executive management as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining platforms with uptime requirements of 99.99%.
- Manage teams in automating deployment of Web Services / Web Sites written in C#, .Net, Java to QA, Staging and Production Environments.
- Support production deployments across multiple data centers and cloud platforms.
- Working with multiple onsite and remote teams to troubleshoot deployment issues and provide production support.
- Manage team administering source control repositories, branching structures, and request tracking systems.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced multitasked environment.
- Perform continuous integration product builds. Will automate, enhance and maintain existing software build process/infrastructure, and ensure consistent build techniques across in-house multiple systems.
- Drive best practices, standardize processes and development tools across systems to streamline and automate the build and release processes.
- Manage releases including coordinating with IT groups on the release timing to ensure systems are ready for code to be deployed.
- Work closely with QA teams to get the releases coordinated and deployment to test environments and Production.
- Work with and aid infrastructure teams managing on-premise solutions with advanced application monitoring, log aggregation, application support where team may have SME useful in troubleshooting a problem.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- 5-10+ managing Systems and DevOps teams supporting Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, patching technologies
- 5+ years managing high transaction, 24/7, web environments. (.NET, Apache/Tomcat)
- 5+ years’ managing environments with distributed web applications leveraging enterprise load balancers and cloud load balancing within multiple zones and regions.
- 5+ years’ managing teams supporting large VMware deployments and cloud virtualization technologies.
- Proven experience migrating complex platforms from on-premise to the cloud
- Solid background managing teams using scripting languages: PowerShell, bash, python, kix, or similar to automate tasks
- Experience with multiple operating systems, Windows Server 2003+, Linux (multiple distributions)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent experience in related field.
- Expertise in SDLC/SCM (Software Configuration Management) methodologies and release management processes.
- Expertise in automating Configuration Management, Build Management, and Release Engineer processes.
- Experience directing teams in the use of automation/CM tools, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalents
- Proven experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience in a Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Understanding and previous management of teams supporting Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB and MySQL connected platforms.
- Background of working with Content Delivery Networks, Content Management tools, and Digital Content Distribution is a plus.
- Proven track record of leading and being responsible for Release Management processes.
- Strong hands on system engineering background a plus.
- Ability to handle and manage occasional stressful situations and maintain calm demeanor.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.