Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Establish engineering processes and define our engineering standards
- Identify and implement core technologies, while removing technical hurdles
- Work cross-functionally, supporting the successful implementation of core features
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability at speed
- Have a perfectionist-like mind, naturally monitoring and fine-tuning systems for performance
- Engage in troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining core product software; optimize, scale, and improve existing code
- Establishing a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and big impact, and empowering each team to bring their vision to life.
- Provide software and technology research, analysis, and recommendations
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of backend and full-stack engineering—preferably in technology startups
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- Experience leading mid-sized technology teams
- Undergraduate Computer Science or similar degree from a top-tier university; graduate degree a plus
- Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale, advancing architecture, and developing roadmaps
- A continuous improvement mindset to develop a scalable MVP and iterate in a data-driven approach
- Ability to execute on ideas and influence decision making in a clear and effective manner
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description