Director of Embedded
The Director of Embedded will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This team works closely with the Software Architecture team and the other teams to develop, deliver and maintain multiple RTOS and hardware platforms to ensure the implementation of safety critical systems, as well as comfort and convenience systems.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Experience managing teams to create embedded hardware with advanced ARM or x86 processors.
- Experience with multiple embedded networks, with IP messaging for control.
- Experience in delivering connected mobility systems with embedded hardware.
- Experience in RTOS
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in a people management position.
- Experienced as a leader in embedded hardware or embedded software
- Proven industry experience building and maintaining hardware or software systems.
- Experience of embedded control networks for transportation
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent field.
- Experienced in delivering automotive or aerospace embedded hardware.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.