Director of Business Systems
Greater LA Area
Are you obsessed with architecting solutions that drive productivity for the organization? Do you enjoy building and scaling systems to help people work smarter and faster? Are you a certified expert on Salesforce.com with a strong understanding of Salesforce.com applications and integrations? If so, we may have the perfect position for you.
As our Director of Business Systems, you will have an active role within the Operations department leading the team that designs and builds the most effective architecture for our CRM and selecting various software applications that integrate into our instance allowing us to work fast, work smart and best serve our customers.
Candidates are required to have extensive architectural experience with Salesforce instances, must have managed Salesforce integrations with other software solutions, must have performed change management of platform design, and must have experience in managing requests from and communicating with stakeholders across multiple corporate functions. This role has significant ability to influence our organization and work cross-functionally with all teams.
About the Position:
We’re looking for someone who is highly-motivated and relentless in helping internal clients perform duties as quickly, efficiently and painlessly as possible. In this role, with the input from key stakeholders, you will design and build the most effective architecture for our CRM and integrated applications to work fast, work smart and best serve our customers. Evolving tools and data will be an integral aspect of the role, to scale the capacity and capabilities of the CRM team in achieving overall sales, marketing, account management, and customer service objectives. With your expertise, you will choose and implement business applications and influence the design of features that improve the reliability of our systems. You also work with leadership to define the scope of projects and oversee execution.
You will be able to turn vision into reality, ensuring that all departments are heard and represented in the solutions we build. You will take complete ownership of our business operations systems and watch them closely to ensure we have the processes needed to continue to do great work.
This role reports directly to the COO, is responsible for two direct reports, and will be expected to increase the size of the team as the needs of the company expand.
Within One Month, You'll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp)Learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our product
- Shadow each department for an in depth look into how each team plays their part.
- Complete training with our IT Team and one of our Team Leads to learn how to access and use all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, ChowNow Admin
- Learn the architecture of ourSalesforce.com instance and understand current employee practices with the tool
- Understand the current and forecasted system needs of each business unit within the organization
- Work with internal business groups to acquire a deep understanding of business demands
Within Three Months, You’ll:
- Refine our processes for a Help Desk for our CRM and have created a method for prioritization and setting expectations for delivery dates to stakeholders
- Work with Marketing, Sales, Client Services and other stakeholders to evaluate opportunities to create better processes and architecture in ourSalesforce.com instance
- Create relationships with our community of software vendors
- Establish departmental meeting schedule with direct reports and create communications to keep interested stakeholders updated about current and future projects
- Work with sales and marketing leadership to scope and design training of a best in class sales and marketing operations teams who will provide data driven insights
Within Six Months, You’ll:
- Proceed with creating integrations between Salesforce.com and other functional software (Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Establish periodic workshops for our employees to attend so that they can hone their skills in our CRM and other software instances within your control
- Continue your evaluation of corporate systems with the goal of optimizing toolsets and user experience for our employees
Within 1 Year, You’ll:
- Complete integrations of updated functional software
- Have helped executive team and department leaders to develop the dashboards that provide them with the key business intelligence to effectively manage their business units
- Establish knowledge and awareness of various systems and products in the market that can enhance our employees’ and clients’ ChowNow experience and you’ll present business cases to executive stakeholders for upgrading systems when beneficial
- Build processes and infrastructure that don’t currently exist
You Should Apply If:
- You have 7+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully.
- This role requires an advanced Salesforce certification
- You have a proven track record of translating business initiatives into actionable plans.
- You’ll bring a project management mindset to your work, keeping people on task and focused on the end goal.
- You’ll utilize your distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- You have a collaborative style with a willingness and demonstrated ability to work in teams, as both a leader and a supporting team member.
- You’re respectfully assertive, detail-oriented, and able to accommodate tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- You apply performance management rigor - hire, mentor, coach and develop your team member(s).
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description