DevOps Lead at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profileAbout the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create perfect magical moments. In particular, you will take ownership over the Platform Engineering, DevOps/SRE and Security Roadmaps and direction both short and long term.
You will be working across multiple team and technologies, primarily those supporting our backend API (node.js + express), databases (mongoDB, postgres), and core infrastructure (AWS + Kubernetes/EKS + Redis + ElasticSearch + Kafka/Streaming).What you’ll be doing:
- As a hands on leader on the Cameo Platform team you'll ensure the team can continuously design, build, maintain and monitor the core infrastructure used by Cameo’s engineering teams while contributing to those efforts as well.
- You’ll own the planning process for the growth of Cameo’s infrastructure
- You'll own the roadmap for all platform initiatives including DevOps, SRE, Security and Platform Engineering.
- You will act as technical project manager, guiding the Platform team in planning projects and writing effective tickets
- You will act as the team scrum master, running standup and maintaining the backlog
- Become well versed with Cameo’s tech stack allowing you to understand and if necessary debug production issues at all levels of the stack
- You will help drive a DevOps and SRE mindset and culture across the engineering organization
- You will collaborate with other teams across the org to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
- You take pride in your work
- You are an experienced mentor for both technical and soft skills, specifically those related to DevOps, SRE and security.
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years building + scaling web applications and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and/or observability
- 2+ years experience leading a DevOps/SRE/Security team
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins Declarative Pipelines) for both web and mobile applications
- Experience building and supporting a docker based local development environment
- Familiarity with Kafka and pub/sub patterns
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Familiarity with Redis & Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with NodeJS
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.