What do we do at Altruist?
We help you do better with your money by empowering financial advisors to do their best work. Altruist is a Los Angeles fintech company that's making investing fair for everyone, allowing real people to make more while paying less. Our platform is the only solution for modern financial advisors who put their clients first. We are looking to hire a world-class team of talented technologists who have a passion for a start-up. Having a background in fintech is a bonus since they understand the complexity around security, high availability, and accuracy of building these systems.
What do we expect from you?
In this role as a DevOps Engineer, we are looking for individuals with 4+ years of experience securing and managing AWS cloud services. This is a full-time role, 100% remote, anywhere on the US East Coast.
The DevOps person will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Ensure running services are highly secure and available
- Turn infrastructure into a self-service model via automation
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure we deliver products with high velocity while ensuring infrastructure consistency, uptime & security
- Be on-call for ensuring we have high SLA for uptime & security
If you are up for this challenge here is what we want you to be great at:
- Experience with securing infrastructure, applications & code
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPCs, IAM, Policies & Roles, ..)
- Experience with Amazon RDS - Postgres/Aurora (high availability, replication, backup and restore) including some SQL experience.
- Experience with Amazon EKS, ECR, and EC2
- Experience with K8s internal including authentication, RBAC and containers
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and/or general Linux
- Experience with CI/CD, automation and testing infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with managing desktop Macs and Windows is a plus
- Experience with tools like Jira/Git/Confluence
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
Along with being an expert in the infrastructure world, we also expect the DevOps person to be able to support services built in the following languages and technologies:
The individual should be an expert in Shell scripting and Python and knowledge of Go and/or Groovy
What do you get?
- Competitive salary & benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, ..)
- Use technology to solve a big problem in the financial world
- Work with a world-class team of technology, product, and business team members
About our culture
We believe in empowering the team by providing individuals the autonomy to excel in their role and in the process to contribute towards the company's mission. We are a mission-driven organization that believes in honesty and transparency at the core of what we do. We like to provide feedback to each other in a respectful manner to make each other better which directly helps in making the company better.
Come join our amazing team of talented individuals and become a part of the journey and help us in achieving our mission!