DevOps Engineer at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team and help scale Motor Trend Group’s VOD/OTT platform. This position will support engineering and product teams in implementing, and administering CI/CD solutions. The DevOps Engineer will apply DevOps methodologies in support of roadmap initiatives. This position will deploy software, systems and applications in support of product releases. Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implement, and administer platform tools to support CI/CD process within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Monitor and respond to issues to maintain platform readiness with speed, scale, and efficiency.
- Support the build and deployment process and perform administration tasks where needed.
- Deploy applications to support QA, load/stress testing and proof-of-concept environments .
- Support operations by remediating container images with security patches, observability tools etc.
- Administer backend applications and engineering tools.
- Comply with standards, best practices, and document architecture, procedures, run books etc..
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2-4 years in an engineering operations related position administering and deploying complex software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge deploying and supporting build and release of software in complex cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge implementing and maintaining CI/CD process with tight integration to cloud platforms
- Working knowledge with administering CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Circle CI
- Working knowledge of load-testing, fault-tolerance testing, and high availability solutions
- Working knowledge of automated builds, delivery and release of software to Web, iOS, Android etc.
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation) and using Cloud Management platforms (CloudAware, DivvyCloud, etc.)
- Working knowledge of database creation, migration and upgrades (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment
- Experience working in IT operations for an always-up, always-available service environment
- Working knowledge with Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch, GraphQL, and SQS on Linux platforms. Windows and MacOS experience essential
- Experience in writing automation scripts and using software configuration management tools
- Experience with independently completing infrastructure projects while collaborating across teams
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with small amounts of ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an individual contributor in a team setting and document instructions in detail
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or G-Suite equivalent
- Software programs and tools as mentioned in “Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities”
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated. The position requires periodically being on-call to support 24x7 operations.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.