Leaf Group is looking for a DevOps Engineer who has an understanding of both system engineering and coding and to help increase the productivity of our workplace. This role is remote.
DevOps at Leaf Group is more than just a job. It's a mindset, a culture and a strategy whereby the Development and Operations teams work together.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Manager, DevOps
A typical day as a DevOps Engineer might include:
- Working closely with engineering teams across multiple business units
- Help maintain a healthy hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Help build and improve infrastructure development workflows
- Manage multiple technology development & infrastructure stacks
- Manage, maintain and performance tuning of our containerized workloads to ensure business continuity to our various brands
You’ll be successful if you are strong on automation and software driven infrastructure. You have a background in UNIX systems administration/development, with experience in building private/public clouds, as well as high performance computing clusters and/or enterprise server farms.
What You Have:
- 2+ years experience as a Devops and/or Software Engineer.
- Understanding of the UNIX systems programming and administration philosophy.
- Knowledge of systems administration best practices.
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS family).
- Experience developing CLI tools for infrastructure and software for automation
- Fluency in one or more of the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Ruby, Groovy, Bash, Go.
- Experience with continuous integration practices, pipelines and workflows. (CI/CD)
- Full understanding of IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
- IBM xCAT
- CI/CD platforms (Jenkins or any other).
- Deployment and automation of applications in AWS platform.
- Kubernetes (or any other containers orchestration frameworks).
- Docker containers, LXC, containerd, etc.
- Configuration management and provisioning software (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Storage systems (NAS/SAN)).
- Web application accelerators (Varnish/nginx).
- Knowledge with Node.js/PHP languages
- Basic DB administration (MySQL, Mongo, any key/value store).
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.