Team and Role Overview
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s efforts in expanding our DevOps practices across our printing and rocket manufacturing teams. You will be responsible for the day to day support of our DevOps environments, applications, and processes; working closely with development and IT teams to implement best practices and automation.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a DevOps Engineer at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s DevOps team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Ensure continued up-time on our services, processes, and infrastructure throughout the company and across all of our sites.
- Actively participate in the team’s daily tasking and support requirements.
- Assist the DevOps team in our roadmap for automated software deployments across the company.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience in managing cloud environments, containerized workflows, CI/CD pipelines, and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.) and 5+ years of experience in system administration.
- Expert knowledge working in cloud technologies.
- Expert knowledge of container development and deployments.
- Expert knowledge of managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Expert knowledge in managing Atlassian products including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, and Bamboo.
- Familiarity with Agile Development processes.
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, or Perl.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.), and 5+ years of experience in system administration.
- Expert knowledge working in cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Expert knowledge of container management and orchestration such as Kubernetes, Swarm, or Rancher.
- Expert knowledge of managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI etc.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bazel, ,Maven or Gradle.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.