The DevOps Engineer will have equal parts "Dev" and "Ops", Dev to improve our software build and delivery pipeline and Ops to architect and implement resilient scalable production systems. The DevOps Engineer will have prior experience working with AWS in SaaS environments, have a passion for cloud based solutions and have an automation-first mindset. They will work with Architecture and Engineering to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business solutions, securely and with maximum uptime. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining industry-standard deployment and monitoring tools. They will collect data throughout the software development lifecycle and provide optimizations that allow for iterative improvement of engineering team productivity.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to plan, deploy, and maintain business solutions in a cloud environment.
- Develop instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the health of software services.
- Create and maintain deployment pipelines for multiple environments.
- Coordinate with additional teams for production deployments.
- Production operations.
- Any other projects as assigned to help the Company meet its goals.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of career experience including software development, systems administration, and cloud-based application management.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem using VPC, ECS, EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, IAM, Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Understanding of infrastructure security, scaling, failover, load balancing, etc.
- Infrastructure automation tools experience (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, SaltStack, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (preferably Jenkins and experience with pipelines)
- Strong experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools (e.g CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, StatsD)
- Strong scripting experience preferably Python or Shell.
- Effective collaboration and documentation skills.
- 3+ years of Production operation experience.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Work Experience and/or AWS certification may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
- AWS Certification.
- Familiarity with security best practices.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with log aggregation strategies.
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDb, DynamoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL) databases.
- Experience with Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning & security.
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2021 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,500 accounting teams, including those at Snowflake, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom, and The Golden State Warriors. In July 2021, FloQast raised a $110 million Series D at a $1.2 billion valuation — and we’re growing!
What We Do
By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just logging off on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests, or streamlining recurring accounting processes, such as the month-end close, financial reporting, or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them operate more efficiently. Learn more at FloQast.com.
Here’s Why You Should Apply?
- When we say our customers’ success is our priority, we’re not lying. Check us out on G2 Crowd and read a few of the 275+ 5-star reviews!
- Why do 95% of reviewers on Glassdoor say they would refer FloQast as an employer to a friend? Maintaining a collaborative, open, and fun company culture regardless of where FloQasters are located can be tricky, but we’re up to the task. Check out what actual FloQast employees have to say on Glassdoor.
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- FloQast is regularly rated as one of the best places to work:
- Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2021
- Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal since 2017
- Built In’s Best Place to Work in Los Angeles since 2018
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, or New York City resident, please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email