DevOps Automation Engineer
The DevOps Automation Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person works to automate the delivery of infrastructure and software in a fast-paced agile environment using modern CI/CD practices.
The DevOps team at Virgin Hyperloop One believes in customer-obsession, and our customer is the entire organization. Our goal is not only automation, but to create a long-lasting DevOps culture.
The role is integral in delivering the software platform that supports the operational control system that will give Hyperloop passengers the fast, safe, direct-to-destination service they aspire to, while dealing with real-world events that would otherwise disrupt the service. They will work with architects, engineers, scientists, and programmers to deliver the software that will make VHO’s hyperloop software a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Champion the DevOps process, procedure, and culture across the organization.
- Work with the entire organization to develop best practices for structuring, automating, building, deploying, and monitoring complex distributed software products and environments.
- Develop policies and procedures that guide software development practices across the organization.
- Implement automated processes for building and deploying software infrastructure environments and software engineering tools
- Ensure the reliability and traceability of software releases and deployments of software and infrastructure changes.
- Design specifications for continuous integration and delivery pipelines in order to maximize engineering productivity
- Create and maintain platform architecture diagrams and design specifications to aid development, test, and maintenance of software environments.
- Create monitoring and alerting platforms that notify on behavioral anomalies across distributed software systems.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing engineering productivity and infrastructure availability.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall engineering processes with safety critical and safety-related systems and tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed environments.
- Ability to present complex ideas to non-experts.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- At least three years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
- Strong background in an agile software development environment.
- Strong demonstrable ability for automating tasks using current and industry accepted scripting languages.
- Experience provisioning, configuring, and supporting highly-reliable production Linux systems.
- Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services.
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven track record of building and supporting clustered systems and distributed data stores.
- Experience supporting service-oriented software architectures in production.
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following agile methodologies.
- Experience safely automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services.
- Strong proficiency in core TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized workloads in production.