DevOps Automation Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
The 21st century challenges are here, and we need 21st century solutions. As we continue to progress hyperloop from home, we are actively hiring for open roles. The interview process will continue online to ensure safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay safe and be well,
The Virgin Hyperloop team
The DevOps Automation Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person works to automate the delivery of infrastructure and software in a fast-paced agile environment using modern CI/CD practices.
The DevOps team at Virgin Hyperloop One believes in customer-obsession, and our customer is the entire organization. Our goal is not only automation, but to create a long-lasting DevOps culture.
The role is integral in delivering the software platform that supports the operational control system that will give Hyperloop passengers the fast, safe, direct-to-destination service they aspire to, while dealing with real-world events that would otherwise disrupt the service. They will work with architects, engineers, scientists, and programmers to deliver the software that will make VHO’s hyperloop software a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Champion the DevOps process, procedure, and culture across the organization.
- Work with the entire organization to develop best practices for structuring, automating, building, deploying, and monitoring complex distributed software products and environments.
- Develop policies and procedures that guide software development practices across the organization.
- Implement automated processes for building and deploying software infrastructure environments and software engineering tools
- Ensure the reliability and traceability of software releases and deployments of software and infrastructure changes.
- Design specifications for continuous integration and delivery pipelines in order to maximize engineering productivity
- Create and maintain platform architecture diagrams and design specifications to aid development, test, and maintenance of software environments.
- Create monitoring and alerting platforms that notify on behavioral anomalies across distributed software systems.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing engineering productivity and infrastructure availability.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall engineering processes with safety critical and safety-related systems and tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed environments.
- Ability to present complex ideas to non-experts.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- At least three years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
- Strong background in an agile software development environment.
- Strong demonstrable ability for automating tasks using current and industry accepted scripting languages.
- Experience provisioning, configuring, and supporting highly-reliable production Linux systems.
- Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services.
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven track record of building and supporting clustered systems and distributed data stores.
- Experience supporting service-oriented software architectures in production.
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following agile methodologies.
- Experience safely automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services.
- Strong proficiency in core TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized workloads in production.