DevOps Automation Engineer
The DevOps Automation Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person works to automate the
delivery of software platform infrastructure and development tools in a fast-paced agile environment.
The test automation engineer will work to develop & deploy test automation framework in Continuous Development & Integration environment.
The role is integral in delivering the software platform that supports the operational control system that will give
Hyperloop passengers the fast, safe, direct-to-destination service they aspire to, while dealing with real-world
events that would otherwise disrupt the service. They will integrate with architects, developers. and system
engineers to deliver the software that will make VHO’s hyperloop software a reality. We are seeking candidates
with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
· Champion software engineering processes and procedures across the organization.
· Work with other DevOps and Software engineers to develop best practices for structuring, automating,
building, deploying, and monitoring complex distributed software products and environments.
· Develop policies and procedures that guide software development practices across the organization.
· Implement automated processes for building and deploying software infrastructure environments and
software engineering tools.
· Ensure the reliability and traceability of software releases and deployments of software and infrastructure
· Design specifications for continuous integration and delivery pipelines in order to maximize engineering
· Create and maintain platform architecture diagrams and design specifications to aid development, test, and
maintenance of software environments.
· Create monitoring and alerting platforms that notify on behavioral anomalies across distributed software
· Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing engineering productivity and infrastructure availability.
· Help maintain both agile and waterfall engineering processes with safety critical and safety-related systems
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed environments.
· Ability to present complex ideas to non-experts.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
. At least three years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer.
. Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
· Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
· Strong background in an agile software development environment.
· Strong demonstrable ability for automating tasks using current and industry accepted scripting languages.
· Experience provisioning, configuring, and supporting highly-reliable production Linux systems.
· Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services.
· Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
· Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures.
· BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
· Proven track record of building and supporting clustered systems and distributed data stores.
· Experience supporting service-oriented software architectures in production.
· Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following agile methodologies.
· Experience safely automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services.
· Strong proficiency in core TCP/IP networking and web services.
· Experience deploying and supporting containerized workloads in production.