Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Data Test Engineers (DTE) test and verify Pluto TV’s analytics events across all applications. This role is a DTE with a focus on Data Quality. In this role you will apply your QA, Data Quality, and SQL experience to manually test the firing of analytics events and verify those events in downstream databases or files. This DTE will work with Business Intelligence analysts and developers to make sure data quality and integrity is maintained as new events are added to applications. The position requires strong QA experience with a focus on data, knowledge of data pipelines from raw data to reporting, and demonstrable SQL skills. The DTE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in scrum meetings, and work alongside product management to address how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
Working as part of the Data Engineering team which is responsible for handling all data feeds and collecting analytical streaming data from all our client software. We are a very fast paced environment working with very large volume and high velocity of data. You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and good organizational and prioritization skills.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work with project teams implementing analytics features into client applications and verify the firing of those analytics events by manually working with devices or initiating scripts.
- Verify capturing of analytics events in related file systems or databases through SQL, or a scripting language (Python, Java, shell scripting, etc.)
- Work with Business Intelligence and Product Management to create test strategies, plans and cases that provide acceptable coverage for a given data pipeline, from event creation to reporting.
- Perform data profiling on downstream data for the purposes of finding field anomalies and possible data quality issues.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology, highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
- Work with other members of Data Test Engineering to compile a regression test suite that can be executed quickly.
- Help create a manageable, repeatable strategy for manual test cases.
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience.
- 3+ years of Data Quality experience, or QA experience with a focus on data, data warehousing, reporting, etc.
- 3+ years of SQL experience, with knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake, or columnar databases.
- 1+ years working with Amazon Web Services, querying and working with data in various AWS services.
- 2+ years of programming experience in a language such as Python, Java, etc. for the purposes of parsing files and running queries.
- 3+ years of testing experience working within an Agile environment, and with Agile Management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience implementing analytics (network events, ad beacons, user action events, etc.) in web / mobile / OTT applications.
- Knowledge of analytical functions
- Experience working with reporting tools like Tableau or Mode.
- Functional testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.