Data Engineer, Data Ops (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
| Greater LA Area | Remote
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
System1 is one of the largest customer acquisition companies in the world whose growth depends heavily on a very talented data engineering team.
The Data Engineering team at System1 is focused on building processes, procedures and automation to ensure smooth running data infrastructure. We process billions of records per day, providing a core component of many organizational functions. The data that flows through these systems supports business intelligence, data science and machine learning, traffic quality and analytics.
You would be working in a fast-paced environment where enhancements to system scalability, reliability, usability, efficiency and performance are the goal. Come join us!
The Role You Will Have:
- Designing and developing data processing infrastructure
- Consult with engineering teams to productionize data pipelines
- Work to increase our monitoring and alerting coverage where neededIdentify scaling bottlenecks and successfully overcome them
- Contribute to technical specification documents for data architecture projects
- Contribute to ongoing maintenance of existing infrastructure and investigate issues and failures
- Participate in peer code reviews and produce high quality documentation
What You Will Bring:
- Cloud ecosystems such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong knowledge of data mechanics, flow, distribution and latency
- A good understanding of distributed systems and the associated engineering components and nuances of them(e.g. message queues)
- Modern orchestration platforms such as Airflow
- Datastores, both relational and non-relational
- Solid Linux skills
- Containerization strategies
- Demonstrable Python ability
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $116,500 - 186,600 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
System1 offers flexible work arrangements for most employees (unless they hold positions which are identified as having to be 100% onsite in Marina del Rey, CA, Bellevue, WA or Guelph, ON Canada). Most System1 full-time employees choose to work in a hybrid environment, splitting their time between working in our offices and working remotely. System1 allows fully-remote work in the following approved locations: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Prospective U.S. employees who live outside of any of these states will need to establish residency in one of the approved states prior to employment.