To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Control Systems Department is responsible for the development of control system architecture, sensor and actuator architecture, the control electronics and embedded software, fundamental flight control laws that control the motion of the Hyperloop vehicle. These include levitation, guidance, propulsion, braking and docking functionality.
The flight actuators are electromechanical in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of engineers in the areas of Electromagnetics, Mechanical Design, Heat Transfer, Materials Science, Testing, Embedded Systems, and Electrical System Modeling.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Flow Vehicle level requirements down to control systems
- Interact closely with Vehicle Integration, System Engineering, Vehicle Control Application, and Control Platform teams to enable an integrated and coherent control systems design that meets the vehicle requirements
- Participate to the design, implementation, and verification of a control systems architecture
- Define algorithms for data consolidation, Input/Output signal management, system monitoring
- Define system level requirements and allocate them to component-level requirements
- Define system verification test procedures and write test reports
- Support control systems integration tests as the Control Systems subject matter expert
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- Experience with designing complex safety-critical system architecture (e.g. Fly-by-Wire system) in the rail, aerospace, automotive or other safety regulated industries
- Experience with safety-critical control system requirement development and allocation to component level requirement.
- Experience with ARP4754A, EN50128, DO-178, DO-254, or similar standards.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in test environment (Hardware-in-the-loop, system test rig)
- Experience with Input Signal Management, Output Signal Management and System level Monitoring
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink and model-based design
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave