Construction & Facilities Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace technology, Relativity’s platform vertically integrates intelligent robotics and 3D autonomous manufacturing technology to build the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket. Relativity’s investors include Mark Cuban, Y-Combinator, Social Capital and Playground Global.
We are looking for a Construction and Facilities Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. You will be responsible for the design, engineering and construction of new facilities, including factory layouts, space utilization, and tenant improvements. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes, and are eager to move ideas form CAD to reality.
This position is part of our Launch and Infrastructure organization, which oversee launch operations and new construction projects. Our facilities are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory, and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
As a Construction and Facilities Manager, you connect various internal technical and operations teams to define architectural, structural, civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and industrial requirements and will be Relativity’s representative to outside facing consultants and contractors.
You will coordinate and drive space programming, layouts, schematic designs, design development drawings, and construction drawings. You will partner with general contractors and sub-contractors throughout contracting, construction, and site activation.
As a Construction and Facilities Manager at Relativity, you be at the forefront of creating the first autonomous aerospace factory. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a strong background in computer aided drafting, 3D modeling, and virtual construction, and you have a passion for taking ideas and designs and making them become reality in the build environment. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You are willing to travel up to 25% to 50% to support ongoing construction projects across Relativity’s sites.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, architectural engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry with a mix of hands-on experience, project management, and project execution
- Experience with design development, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, construction management, field superintendent, permitting, QA/QC
- Proficient with construction industry CAD software & experience with 3D modeling software
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal / written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and modeling applications
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements shift of constraints change
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for optimizing manufacturing plants design
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.